Many IT teams discover that existing deployment models don’t map seamlessly onto data lake projects. Big data technologies, new skill requirements, and a lack of proven initial use cases add complexity and risk to initiatives. At the same time, incumbent older technologies and entrenched approaches to data preparation and delivery can obstruct change and bog down data lake deployment.
In this webinar Podium Data’s Sr. Dir. of Customer Success, Chris Ortega, provides observations and recommendations on best practices to drive a successful data lake implementation project.
- Old vs New – fresh thinking for data lakes
- Finding the right initial use case
- Building the IT/Business alliance
- Skills and roles – defining the team
- Project milestones and timeline
- Assumptions and deliverables