Learn new principles and best practices for big data governance.
Big data governance requires us to rethink governance from the ground up. Metadata, data quality, and data provisioning overall take on new importance as IT and governance teams build data lakes that are organized, secure, and business-ready.
In this webinar, presenters examine how big data requires us to rethink governance from the ground up. Traditional governance practices that oversee and gate delivery of new data to business users are being replaced by new models that engage analytic and business experts sooner in enhancing data while also improving data quality and accelerating access. Data lake, IT, and data governance practitioners will learn the principles of big data governance:
- What is the new paradigm that brings data governance to big data.
- Metadata: Its essentialness to tracking the lifecycle of data ingestion, validation, preparation, and use.
- How schemas from the start can further enrich metadata and automatically assess the quality, completeness, and content of raw data.
- Scorecard-driven prioritization: Not all data needs strict governance.
- How governance best practices will future proof your data ecosystem.
About the Presenters
Founder & Managing Partner Information Asset
Sunil Soares is the Founder & Managing Partner of Information Asset, a consulting firm that specializes in helping organizations build out their data governance programs. Prior to this role, Sunil was the Director of Information Governance at IBM. He is the author of seven books on data governance.
CEO, Podium Data
Paul Barth is founder and CEO of Podium Data, creator of the industry-leading Podium data lake software platform that is redefining enterprise data management. Prior to founding Podium Data, Paul co-founded NewVantage Partners, a boutique consultancy advising C-level executives at leading banking, investment, and insurance firms. Paul holds a PhD in computer science from the MIT, and an MS from Yale University.